Friday, April 17, 2015

They

Its happening again, their here
They're watching..... watching with a purpose, to see me make the wrong move
But, I have to admire them though in a sick twisted way
The paitience they have waiting just to see me falter is truly a sight
They sit in the shadows as if they go unseen.... but I know....oh yes I know what they desire the most
The horrid salivating grins they plaster on their face when the lights go out, their hollow lifeless eyes that seduce you into submission until you are in arms reach of them as they slowly scuffle across the floor,
they walk with a mission
Now if you're reading this, you maybe asking why haven't I tried to get help...
But that's where you have wrongly mistaken, for I have
Though you come to find no one listens once you have been given a gown, a sterilized white room with padded walls and a tiny single door that locks in from freedom.
Those madmen in white walk around with a holier than thou attitude, they don't want to hear..... they don't care to know.
However, if my memory serves me correctly there may have been one who seemed to care
It still somewhat of a blur so forgive me..
It was one day when I was being escorted back to that hellhole they call a room,when I seen an old leather bound journal, though any small splash of color amongst this snow white room would catch anyones' eye. When I approached this journal, there was a small tattered piece of paper laying on top with the most undistinguishable handwriting, from what I could make out it seemed to say
"For those nights when you need it"
(How stupid was I back then to not know the severity of my mistake.)
I couldn't for the life of me understand what that note could have possibly meant until about two nights later.
I was being taken... well, more liked dragged back to my room by two madmen because I was apparently causing a scene amongst the others who where imprisoned here.
Once in my room the tallest of the two madmen restrained me to the bed by the hands and feet making sure to pull the leather extra tight so it became painful, while the gross portly one injected me with some sort of liquid to induce a sleep like state that would calm me down.
As they were leaving my room, one of the madmen though I am not sure which of the two, sarcastically said sweet dreams.
I detest being confined in the dark.
I was coming and going from a dream like state, but it couldn't have been more than an hour since both men left me in this room when the noises started.
It was quiet at first, almost a hushed murmur, but it was loud enough to capture my attention
The noises now started to sound like voices and they started to pick up in volume, what sound like one voicein the beginging now turned into a choir
I remember looking around the best I can with my limited mobility to identifiy the source of the ruckus but to no avail, it was hopeless
And that was what struck me as odd back then, how could something sound as if it was all around you but have no point of orgin.
The noises or voices or whatever the hell it was showed no signs of dying out anytime soon.
I tried to block it out, it was growing unbearable to the point of being painful on my sensitive ears.
It was then as if the noise was suddenly smacked out the air by some unknown force, because the room was quiet....
I slowly cracked open one eye, (even though I never remember having closed them)
and as I continued to open my eyelid that was the first sight of them I seen, it was like looking into the eyes of the devil himself.
I tried turning my head or even shutting my eyes to no longer stare at this beast, but I couldn't....
I tried..... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD how I tried!... I was entranced though by its hypnotic gaze and sickening grin.
As it leaned closer towards me, my heart was drumming in my ears, my wrists and ankles were raw from twisting and pulling at the restraints but I still couldn't look away. The closer the more fearful I came but I still couldn't keep myself from looking.
But, then it was gone as if it was never there.
I tried to tell someone but no one bothered to hear me out. I tried every day that week until I realized my cries for help were being ignored.
It was then when I decided if no one was going to listen I would write it, and I did exactly that.
It was as if whoever left that journal for me knew exactly what was going to happen.
I stayed in my room all day as if I was working on the world's greatest masterpiece ever known to man.
I wrote until my head ached and my vision grew blurry, I worked throughout that night, because I knew in order to get every detail right I could not stop.
Once I finished writing I remember feeling this big weight being lifted off my chest because I was able to let everything out. I wasn't sure then if what I had experienced that night was all in my head or not but I knew I would not forget it.
I thought things would get better, and they did..... for just the remainder of the weekend
Everynight leading up to this moment was becoming a nightmare,and the it turned into them.
They were growing in numbers one by one everynight, and each night was something new.
Each night I wrote in this journal about my encounters with them and every day the same pages I wrote on would be blank as if the next night never exsisted.
It was an endless loop that I had no chance of escaping
And each night they grew more dangerous,
And each night they grew hungry,
Their disgustingly sweet smelling breath would be huffed in my face as they observed me from beside my bedside.....
They would silently snicker, feeding off my fear.
They watched and waited throughout the nights and be gone by first dusk making me severly question my sanity that is already called into question,
I was loosing sleep but no one around me seemed to notice, like i said no one cared
It was then last night when they almost succeeded, they almost got me. But they fail to see I m one step ahead of them,
I don't know how long it took me to realize it but those pages... those stupid journal pages were not being magically erased they were being teared out as if to make me forget those events from previous night. But no, I refuse to forget ,I outsmarted them by not writing my encounters of the previous night so that way they have no knowledge of what my plan would be to avoid them.
And now I am here waiting for them to show,
This may be my first and last journal entry to officialy stay in this journal.
I hear the minutes slowly ticking away from outside the door, any second now they should be here
THERE DID YOU HEAR IT !!! The scuffling of feet on the floor. They are coming from down the hall making their way here.
Its almost time, I will get them before they get me




Their making the noises and they seem to be reverberating off of every corner in the hallway as they grow closer to their prime destination,
Just alittle closer and they should be by my door

Well my dear reader our journey is almost over.....
The handle on the door is being jiggled..............


As the doctor came to the end of the journal page he was horrified to read the accounts of his former paitient.
"Doctor, why did it happen, wasn't there anything you could do ?"
"In all my years of medical training have I never come across such a fast degression of mental stability, it's my fault.."
"I'm not following doctor"
"I....I..I... should have reconginzed it sooner, I could have stopped it."
"What are you talking about doctor !"
"My boy, your brother is not well... and from studying these pages in his journal from the past week he has been only getting worse with each passing moment"
"But.. when I took him home for the visit, he showed signs of major improvment, you even said it yourself doctor, that if he kept up this good path you would release him"
"I'm sorry.... son....I am so sorry... but he had us fooled"
"I don't believe you"
"Son!, your brother has been having these fantasies about the staff out to get him, he had this belief that they were watching him waiting just to trying to eat him"
"But can you cure him ?"
"Your brother is too far gone, he can't comeback from what he did"
"There has to be something"
"Your brother knocked one of the staff members uncouncious and started to eat him because he claims he was going to get them before they got him, HOW CAN YOU TREAT THAT ! your lucky he is to unstable to be sent to jail where he belongs"


All while this was taking place in the office of the doctor, the camera monitors at the front desk were picking up a pacing movement from the small dingy grey solitary confinement room.

I know they're watching me and I know they are waiting
but not this time........

3 comments:

  1. very good story very interesting i wanted to read more even when i came
    to the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good story very interesting i wanted to read more even when i came
    to the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. I'm always intrigued by what these stories bring out. This is a chilling revision of Diary of a Madman; it almost seems like it's interacting with Yellow Wallpaper too. The language is what I would call stream-of-consciousness, and for the most part it's successful. Please correct a few spelling errors like 'their." It should be "They're" (they are), both at the beginning and the end.

    ReplyDelete